Dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

can anyone recommend a good portable dust extractor between £150 - £200 or cheaper if possible it will be hooked up to my mitre saw and various power tools.

Try the Fein dustex it's the same as the trend machine but usually a bit cheaper.
The Fein bags if you use them are far superior to the trend ones but
twice the price and twice the size.
The trend machine however has the option of a much finer filter which is probably a good idea. (I just got one myself)
Both machines are made by the same factory in Italy.

Mike

I also have the trend T30AF and have been very happy with it after 2 years of use. I chose it for its fine filtering capability of 0.3 microns so I could use it with sanders etc.

Gav

Hi Mike

Quetech":8aikptq0 said:
The trend machine however has the option of a much finer filter which is probably a good idea. (I just got one myself)
Both machines are made by the same factory in Italy.

I just searched on Google and didn't find much out about the dustex. Is there an online retailer in the uk? It's the bags I'm interested in as I have the Trend.

Cheers
Neil

Derek,

I bought this one, because it was very cheap in some online deal somewhere, before I really started worrying about extraction:

http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/index.php?ToolID=319443

It's actually rather good... Does a great job on coarse stuff, and has an inner bag that will trap a lot of very fine dust. Mine came with the illustrated hose diameter for bigger machinery, and an adaptor plate and a smaller hose for portable tools. Small and light enough to manhandle, it's pretty much perfect for my 'hobbyshop' needs. Will also happily work as a generic shop vacuum cleaner (the blurb warns you not to - I found out why when I sucked a screw up, and it whanged straight into the inner filter bag, holeing it - at that point, fine dust starts spitting out the top..You just have to be a little careful)

(Edit - a very powerful motor: I bought some extra ducting from axminster for the major tools, and also have an air cleaner running in the rafters for the really fine stuff...)

I've used an Axminster WV100 for the last couple of years and with the power tool hose and a cheap plastic pot mover from the garden centre it follows me around the workshop like a faithful hound. Also got a couple of NUMREDs chopped up for those tricky sizes (when are manufacturers going to standardise?). The standard hose goes into a homemade cyclone bin for the chipping producers. A very versatile extracter. The NUMRED also gets used to go into an old domestic vac tube and floor fitting for tidying up at the end of the day.

Col.

Back