Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am shortly going to be putting in some permanent dust extraction and I was going to use soil pipe.

I've just been looking at the workshop photographs in the gallery, for some pointers, and I see that DaveL has used some reinforced hose (can't think of how else to describe it at this time of the morning).

What do other people use and how have you found it?

Thanks, in advance
Neil

hi there
my set up uses soil pipe for the primary routing through the shop and flexible hosees to machines as needed. (tumble drier type flex hose is useful and cheap to replace if you stand on it)
dave w

Hi, Desmo

I'm trying to set something similar up myself, but really struggled with connections between soil pipe and flexible hose - if only the flexible hose was just slightly larger in diameter! Have you found a simple way round this problem?

Regards, John

Knot Competent":3cwrty6k said:
Hi, Desmo

I'm trying to set something similar up myself, but really struggled with connections between soil pipe and flexible hose - if only the flexible hose was just slightly larger in diameter! Have you found a simple way round this problem?

Regards, John

Yes, dip the flexible pipe in some almost boiling water - and then stretch it directly over the soil pipe. It's very very easy.

Adam

(If the flexible pipe has wire reinforcement, you need to remove it for a centimeter or two - just requires careful trimming with a knife.)

Knot Competent":1rmces0b said:
Hi, Desmo

Regards, John

I made some blast gates that are 110mm (soil pipe) one side and 4" the other, it works well see here, it might work for you. :D

for joining hose to pipe i used the tumble drier duct end adaptors ,spigot type , screw diectly on to hose and form a good push fit into pipe,
http://www.maintainit.com/home_frame.asp
theyve got bends and round -square etc 100mm size worked for me fitted into soil pipe air tight fit,and removalble.
dave w

Hi John

I bought the Camvac fittings and one end fits into the soil pipe (110mm) whilst the other end fits into the flexible hose (100mm). You can then use a jubilee clip on the flexible hose to hold it securely.

I have it on order, but I've actually seen how it all fits together.

BTW Dave, I managed to get a further reduction on the flexible hose. Instead of six pounds per metre I got seven metres for the price of six. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

take a short piece of soil pipe and slice a groove about 6mm wide lengthways use a clamp or your hands if you got a grip like a scotsman on his wallet :lol: slide inside the other piece of soil pipe and seal with a bit o silicon . Cheaper and you dont have to wait in all day for it not to turn up :lol:

Latest posts

Back