Dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rufus

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have a small workshop (6 x 3) and need some dust extraction for various tools. I was look at cyclones and thinking of a Dust Commander but looking for ideas on what to hook it up to. I'm very much an amateur so it's only evenings and weekends I get to do things. Any input welcome!

Thanks.

What are you connecting it too? if youve got to connect it to a table saw then you'll need a fairly substantial unit but if its mainly smaller stuff then a small shop vac and Cyclone is worth it.

I have alarge extractor for my Table saw and Bandsaw but for the other tools I use a Henry linked to a Oneida dust deputy and after 18 months I've not needed to empty the Henry yet as it all ends up in the Dust deputy.

What are you connecting it too? if youve got to connect it to a table saw then you'll need a fairly substantial unit but if its mainly smaller stuff then a small shop vac and Cyclone is worth it.

I have alarge extractor for my Table saw and Bandsaw but for the other tools I use a Henry linked to a Oneida dust deputy and after 18 months I've not needed to empty the Henry yet as it all ends up in the Dust deputy.

I suppose I've got a fair collection of things even though it's a small shop. Table saw, thicknesser, oscillating spindle sander, small band saw along with the usual smaller tools like a mitre saw and orbital sander. What kind of thing do you have as the large extractor?

I think I'll be getting one of the Oneida dust deputies, but I would like the bucket to be larger.

Invert the bucket, add a grate and bungee on a heavy duty bag (3 mil contractor bag). When it is full toss the bag and put on another. A Chinese clone will work as well as a DD for a lot less money.

Pete

IMG_4850.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg

For my previous 8 x 5m workshop I bought a 2nd hand JET DC1100. This has two outlets, one I attached to a 4" tube and ran to a saw whilst the other had 3m of flexible hose for my mobile machines. This along with a Numatic for 2nd point extraction where possible worked very well. I also added a ceiling mounted filter that hung from the ceiling. Together they gave a nice clean working environment.

Colin

Back