Dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRAIGB

Reaction score
Hi newbie here
Just in the process of ordering my lathe and equipment, what dust extraction would you recommend. Ive been looking at the record power dx1000. Would it be up to the job? I have a fairly small workshop, roughly 12 x 4 in a room closed off in the back of my garage

If it's only for just extraction from the lathe then I'd recommend Yorkleen wood vac (WV100) I think it's called. A length of 100mm pipe and a good and you're sorted

Had mine for years and the company are based in the UK and are very helpful.

Hi there Craig....I have my lathe setup in my garage...I’ve been through the dust thing and ended up building a cyclone dust bin....this uses a tough plastic bin and a cyclone affair ...available on Amazon..you then find any small hoover....mine is a Tesco £40 job...connect up the tubes and you’d be surprised how it works.....no waste in the vacuum...just all in the bin.
Don’t think you can suck up all the shavings when your turning....it’s best to do that when finished...but for sanding and dust..I clip the vacuum tube to toolpost and it all goes down the tube....

Steve

Hi newbie here
Just in the process of ordering my lathe and equipment, what dust extraction would you recommend. Ive been looking at the record power dx1000. Would it be up to the job? I have a fairly small workshop, roughly 12 x 4 in a room closed off in the back of my garage
Have a look at the forum that says......homemade cyclone extractor....it’s all there.

Latest posts

Back