Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argonaut

Established Member
Reaction score
Need help with a dust extract adapter.

I have a workshop dust extractor - via a cyclonic separator ... which has a 50mm flexible pipe .. and fitted onto the end a rubber adapter than allows it to fit neatly onto a 40 mm male spigot.
That means I can happily use it with several of my power tools ... using the DeWalt 60-40mm adapter that came with my bench saw.

However one item has an extract connection that I have so far not found adapter for.
This is a Record BS250 bandsaw .... it has a male spigot with an outside diameter of 60mm .... and I am having problems finding a 60 to 40 adapter.
Does anybody know of one ? .....

(Needs 60mm diam ID at one end and 40mm diam OD at other)

I could buy a piece of nylon rod and turn one down ... but be expensive

If you warm pvc pipe (i.e. sink waste pipes) using a great gun, you can expand them... Might work in this case? Although 40 to 60 is quite a lot to expand from one pipe. Maybe two that connect.

GallerySammy.com

I've successfully 3D printed a reducer for a random orbital sander and a boss for my table saw, 120mm flange with 100mm "pipe" section for attaching a silicone 100mm coupler too.

If you want to do a quick sketch I could 3D print something for you and pop it in the post foc.

Alternatively there are a few people on eBay that make custom silicone tubing for car intercooler/air intake systems. Ive used a few of these on my system and they are great. They will probably be able to knock something up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am going to try reforming some waste pipe - if I fail will come back to you .... Thnx

Latest posts

Back