Dust extraction suck release

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duncanh

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently replaced my single motor (2.5") Camvac for a double motor one (4") Camvac and hit an issue. I used a Thien Separator to intercept large material but whilst using the extractor the other day I inadvertantly put the hose against a bin bag, which blocked the inlet and caused a bang from the separator. The hose then stopped sucking even though the inlet into the extractor still was.
On investigation the side of the Thien had imploded, so obviously the plastic bin wasn't up to withstanding the vacuum.

Is it normal to create a small hole in the extractor pipe which will stop such a vacuum from building up?

I have a camvac too so know the issue.

Have a look at Cyclone central here: http://cyclonecentral.co.uk/makepressurevalve.php

You need to make a pressure release valve - dead easy - if I can do it anyone can! Fits into your dropbox and then if you get you inlet blocked again the pressure switch will go and the air will flow into the system thus protecting your cyclone or thein separator.

The other option is to have a breather port - install a 'Y' connector and have the same length of hose as the one to your tools so you don't lose suck and just have it open to the air. That way you will always have air going into the system, even if you block off 1 port. Just make sure your breather port doesn't get blocked!

I didn't find a small hole in the pipe was big enough to solve the problem.

I only know all this through having problems myself and talking to Chems on here so if you need more advice he's a good person to ask.

Latest posts

Back