Dust Extraction Problem!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michel,
The Axminster also wins on rate of suction at 380m3 wheras the r\Ecord manages only 106m3. I don't know about the Camvac as I'm too lazy to look it up but the more actual suction power the better. Record do say they collect particle sizes down to 0.1 micron I think...but how real this is I don't know.

beech1948":38axzfud said:
The Axminster also wins on rate of suction at 380m3 wheras the r\Ecord manages only 106m3. I don't know about the Camvac as I'm too lazy to look it up but the more actual suction power the better. Record do say they collect particle sizes down to 0.1 micron I think...but how real this is I don't know.
Beech1948, I assume this is for the Axminster WV2 which is £456, almost twice the money as the others mentioned, IMHO far to expensive for a FAN in a CAN :shock:

The CamVac is tailor made to each customers requirements, as they make the units themselves, (Record & Axminster are just resellers of badged equipment) you can have up to 3 fans if you whish, they supply everything from the extractors to the ducting, blast gates, etc, you name it. You can have a very capable unit from around £200

The way the different suppliers rate their machines Air Flow is a little confusing. :? Hence the big difference you mention for the Record & Axminster.

Axminster rate their machines Airflow in Sq Metres per Hour.

Record rate their machines Airflow in Litres per Second.
So working out comparisons is a little tricky. :? :?

Camvac also measure Airflow in Litres per Second.

But I've done a little research on conversions to help anyone who's interested.
1 litre = 0.035Ft
1Ft = 28.3 Litres
1 Litre/Sec = 2.12 Ft/Min
1 lire/Sec = 3.6m/Hr
1m/Hr = 0.28Litres/Sec
Phew... Think thats all there...:D :D

Hello all,

Axminster WV2 = 390 m3/hr = 109.2 litre/sec

Camvac 386 (twin motor) = 388 m3/hr = 108 litre/sec

Record DX4000 = 381.6 m3/hr = 106 litres/second

Not much in it really just need to find out if the Camvac also has a plastic bag for easy emptying.

Regards :D

Michel

Hello all,

Axminster WV2 = 390 m3/hr = 109.2 litre/sec

Camvac 386 (twin motor) = 388 m3/hr = 108 litre/sec

Record DX4000 = 381.6 m3/hr = 106 litres/second

Good to see my research was worthwhile :D

As Camvac do a wall mounted with plastic sack, I wouldn't have thought
having a plastic bag in the can would be a problem, as you say, best to check though. The GV336 was on offer yesterday at the NOEWS, for£183.15 inc vat
with complete standard 2.5" Tool Kit and Wheels.
The GV286 was only £166.34 same tool kit & wheels.
And the Wall mounted 200Lt was £183.09 with Complete Standard Tool Kit.

They were also selling with an order for a unit acomplete dust collection kit for £52 which included 8X3 lengths of clear tubing, 16 external connectors, 4 Tjunctions, 2 90% elbows, 5 blast gates, 14"-2.5 reducer.

Hope this helps anyone

Record (DX5000 anyway, similar to the DX4000) and the Axminster are 4" whereas the Camvac is 2.5". What put off me off the Camvac was the small bore, especially considering all my machines have 4" ports. I'd rather have a bigger bore going into a smaller bore rather than vice versa. Also less chance of blockage with the 4" models. For handheld dust and chip producers a shopvac is the business.
MHO

Noel

Noely":ghsiska2 said:
Record (DX5000 anyway, similar to the DX4000) and the Axminster are 4" whereas the Camvac is 2.5". What put off me off the Camvac was the small bore, especially considering all my machines have 4" ports.

Noel

Noely,
I spoke to Camvac and they will fit a 4" outlet for anyone who wishes instead of the 2.5"
and use an 4" to 2.5" adaptor for the small power tools.

Many thanks for the info on the Record machine by the way. :D :)

I sit corrected John, didn't know they also did 4".

Noel

Re.

The Record also has a plastic bag for easy emptying, noticed this today as I was looking at one.

Have spoken to Records technical department and they told me: - there is no bag on the DX4000 because the bag would block off the hose inlet.

Regards

Michel

It's the DX5000 that has the bag, as well as some other smaller model. The DX4000 collects it's chips in the drum.

Noel

Sorry I misunderstood i thought Fixit was referring to the DX4000 compared to the axminster WV2

My mistake

regards

Michel

I was at Harrogate show this weekend and one of the turners was using a camvac and really rated it. One feature he said was particularly useful (and demonstrated) was the exhaust port of the motor which was the same diameter as the inlet, and to which he had fitted a length of ducting. This lessened the noise and could be used to redirect warm exhaust air across whatever he was working on, blowing sanding dust away from him and towards the inlet tube.
I was at the camvac stand and they used this as a selling feature but said they hadn't thought of it until the turner mentioned it to them.

Duncan

Camvac doesn't have a bag (unless it's the wall-hung one). It's easy enough to empty, though. Comes with a blanking cap for the hose inlet, take off the lid with motors and walk out to wheely bin/where-ever, take the main filter off the top of the main can, and tip.

Jake

Back