Dust Extraction Pipework

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have found a web site that seems reasonable in terms of cost, but does anyone have a view on which of these might be better?

110mm Underground drainage, shown here: -
http://www.fascias.com/home.html?mid=gd14&target=dept_200.html&lang=en-gb
Click the link, scroll down and then click 110mm underground pipes

Or, 110mm soil pipes, shown here: -
http://www.fascias.com/home.html?mid=gd14&target=dept_200.html&lang=en-gb
Click the link, click soil pipes and then click 110mm black soil pipes

TIA

Cheers
Neil

Its not rocket science, its for sucking dust away - so I assume you wanna just go for the cheapest don't you... if they are the same diameter then go for the cheapest.

The underground ones are probably just load bearing, they are designed to be buried and prevent frost and so on, so they will probably be more pricey. :p

underground soilpipe in upvc is not UV light stabilized so is supposedly not suitable for above ground use.

not that that ever stopped anyone.

alecs

Both should be suitable, so the cheapest is the one to go for. As far as I recall there's not much, if any, difference between the two. Soil pipe is the orangey one and the rainwater one is dark brown. Colour difference is used to identify the use when digging up etc.

rgds

Noel

PS, I use a mixture of both, whatever was lying about handy.

Duh!! Suppose I should've looked at the web site first..... So the two options are drainage and downpipes. Would imagine the downpipes would be suitable. Next one you see just give it a good squeeze...should be ok.

Rgds

Noel

Well, prior to this thread I mentioned some aluminum expanding venting tube which was £5.99 from wickes for 1metre expanding to 4 metres.

Alf tried this and it collapsed ( I imagine he expanded it to its full length) but after some thought still considered that it would be adequate if only expanded to half . If so it would be the ideal thing for my set up and economic into the bargain.

Anyways I tried it and it works :), in fact with one piece in conjunction with the bit of flexible hose supplied with the record dx4000 I have manged to reach 4 of my machines, thicknesser, jointer/planer, routing table and bandsaw and a pretty good job it does too. :)

Back