Dust extraction Multico Th1 or Th3 opinions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackal

Wallybois Woodworking on YouTube
Reaction score
I now have my Multico TH1 which after a good degrease and lube runs nice.

First test thicknessing a piece of Oak there was a lot of planings thrown backwards even though it was connected to a 3hp extractor.

Have you experienced this? Thanks🥺

A few questions: What is the extractor capable of extracting in cfm or M3/hr? What size ducting do you have? Is it a straight run or circuit?

A few questions: What is the extractor capable of extracting in cfm or M3/hr? What size ducting do you have? Is it a straight run or circuit?
Hi, the extractor is 3900 M3/hr and Have 150mm down to 110mmat the machine. The other gates are closed otherwise it is a circuit.

thanks PAC1

Hi, the extractor is 3900 M3/hr and Have 150mm down to 110mmat the machine. The other gates are closed otherwise it is a circuit.

thanks PAC1
That is probably not enough suck, you need to check but I would have thought a machine like that would need 1000cfm or 6000M3/hr. Most thicknessers need at least 1000cfm

I made a little mod to the hood which has helped a lot. Just uploaded a Video on it here

Just watched the video, my hood actually has a sheet metal deflector curve there which I think was original but it was brazed in place and the braze had broken in a couple of spots so I welded it up properly.

I really like the videos by the way!

Just watched the video, my hood actually has a sheet metal deflector curve there which I think was original but it was brazed in place and the braze had broken in a couple of spots so I welded it up properly.

I really like the videos by the way!
Thanks Trevanion, that makes sense, i wouldn't be surprised mine was the same and it just got lost. The existing deflector is brazed. I think ill weld that hood and add a piece of round sheet steel. 🤔

Back