Dust extraction hose for Mirka ROS?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianf

Established Member
Reaction score
So I have an old Mirka 650 DA sander. Pnumatic.

I accquired it used, without attatctratchments.

Currently I have a bit of inch wire wound suction hose shoved onto the dust port.

This hose is supposed to be for sucking up liquids. It's heavy, inflexible etc. It's not the tool for the job!

Do I -

A) buy one of mirka's many different hoses (which one, I'm not sure I know) at a minimum of £40 it seems.

Or

B) buy some of that black spiral stuff (or somthing else - suggestions welcome!) off eBay for a fraction of the cost and run with that.

In truth, if there was an obvious offering from Mirka id probably just get that, but I find their products just as confusing, so it's not like I can just buy an overpriced bit of hose and the job is done anyway!

Thank you.

you could try popping along to a hoover repair shop and get some of the light plastic stuff from them

Buy one of Mirkas.
They are far far far better value than a festool / bosch / etc powertool hose at nearer £100 that don't suit sanders as well as Mirkas.
They are antistatic, tapered which is a nice way to adapt from the smaller power tool to a bigger hole at the vacuum end, and a good balance between durable and flexible.
I paid £30 odd for one to fit my deros sander and it's a perfect fit.
£40 ish will buy you the same with an additional rotating joint in the (slightly longer) tool end fitting, but the deros dust outlet is designed to rotate itself to combat twists and kinks, so the cheaper hose works perfectly well for me.
Antistatic is nice to have on a sander - my opinion.

Buy one of Mirkas.
They are far far far better value than a festool / bosch / etc powertool hose at nearer £100 that don't suit sanders as well as Mirkas.
They are antistatic, tapered which is a nice way to adapt from the smaller power tool to a bigger hole at the vacuum end, and a good balance between durable and flexible.
I paid £30 odd for one to fit my deros sander and it's a perfect fit.
£40 ish will buy you the same with an additional rotating joint in the (slightly longer) tool end fitting, but the deros dust outlet is designed to rotate itself to combat twists and kinks, so the cheaper hose works perfectly well for me.
Antistatic is nice to have on a sander - my opinion.

I'm pretty sure this is mine, although the one in the photo has an adapter on the dust port already - mine is just a 25mm port -

Mirka-ROS-625CV.jpg

There are a whole load of different hoses / hose combos. If you recognise my sander, can you tell me exactly what hose or hose kit?

(You seem to know somthing as you talk about kits with or without swivels etc)

There just seems to be a bunch of options and adapters and it's all a bit confusing. I don't want to spend £40 or whatever on the wrong thing.

Thank you.

Here you go, looking through old photos I've found my actual unit, not that you can see the dust port in this shot, but it's just a 25mm OD tube -

IMG_20200622_112602184.jpg

I use either the Mirka tapered antistatic hose or Festool hose. It is well worth having smooth antistatic hose, and it helps that both Mirka and Festool hoses are nice and long. Well worth paying a bit extra IMO.

I don't specifically know yours although I did arrange for the guys in a paint shop to have a demo of one a few years back.
Here is the Mirka page for what I think you have - in "related products" further down that page, they list a 4m and a 10m extraction hose.
https://www.mirka.com/Mirka-ROS-650CV-150mm-Central-Vacuum-Orbit-50-8993000111/This is what I described as the £30 something hose
https://www.mirka.com/Hose-27mm-x-4m-Connector-MIN6519411/ it should just push into the port on your sander.
The tool connector with the rotatating joint I described is described elsewhere on Mirka's site as NOT compatible with the ROS models so you don't need to worry about it.

I have a Mirka Ceros (model before the Deros), and here it is used with the Festool 27mm hose. This requires removing the Festool plug ...

Mirka_Ceros.jpg

I have since purchased the Mirka 27mm hose for it. It is also antistatic, and the perfect fitting at the front. It is lighter and more flexible that the Festool hose, and about 2/3 the price.

4.jpg

I have since covered all the hoses in the nylon wrap (cheap), and they slide around really easily ...

7a.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

I don't specifically know yours although I did arrange for the guys in a paint shop to have a demo of one a few years back.
Here is the Mirka page for what I think you have - in "related products" further down that page, they list a 4m and a 10m extraction hose.
https://www.mirka.com/Mirka-ROS-650CV-150mm-Central-Vacuum-Orbit-50-8993000111/This is what I described as the £30 something hose
https://www.mirka.com/Hose-27mm-x-4m-Connector-MIN6519411/ it should just push into the port on your sander.
The tool connector with the rotatating joint I described is described elsewhere on Mirka's site as NOT compatible with the ROS models so you don't need to worry about it.

Thank you.

The hose you mention was actually in my eBay watched items shortlist, but I was just not certain it was the correct one.

min6519411_004.jpg

It does not matter, but I'm curious - the bit that's seperate on the left hand side - I'm assuming that screws onto the Jose and then pushes onto the port on the sander?

I'm not adverse to tape and jubilee clips, but if I'm shelling out £40 for the hose (£37.99 I think) it would be nice to have it all engineered rather than gaffa taped!

Thank you again.

I have a Mirka Ceros (model before the Deros), and here it is used with the Festool 27mm hose. This requires removing the Festool plug ...

Mirka_Ceros.jpg

I have since purchased the Mirka 27mm hose for it. It is also antistatic, and the perfect fitting at the front. It is lighter and more flexible that the Festool hose, and about 2/3 the price.

4.jpg

I have since covered all the hoses in the nylon wrap (cheap), and they slide around really easily ...

7a.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

That looks good. I'm wondering if I couldnt run the air line down the same sleeve to bundle it all together.

The Mirka hose, so far as I can tell, is conical - I assume there's a good bit of stretch in the coating stuff?

Did you leave it loose at the ends or tape it or shrink wrap it or anything?

Thank you

Back