Dust Extraction Hose Fitting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to empty a sandblasting pressure pot, containing 50kg of grit, is not practical to tip upside down. Metal forum suggested using a vacuum/blow gun, so got a Lidl Parkside version. also bought a large 25 litre bucket to put the grit in. I can use the hose on my mitre saw, to connect the gun via the hose to the bucket. Propose using holesaw on lid of bucket, then superglue hose adapter in place, then crimp hose to adapter. Will need to fit another adapter in lid for guns dust bag, to allow compressed air out of bucket.The mitre saw hose has an internal diameter of 30mm. Need a hose adapter something like in screenshot. I can't find an adapter with an OD of say 28mm. I've seen air fittings, that have a barrel and washers on each end to fit into wall of sandblasting cabinet. A plastic hose adapter like that would be better, could dispense with buying the superglue.
Anyone, any ideas?
Ta:)

Attachments

• UK Workshop A.jpg
    UK Workshop A.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 128
  • UK Workshop B.jpg
    UK Workshop B.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 128
call me confused, but why all the parafinalia just to empty a pot. If youre going to suck it into another pot, what for? If youre just going to empty it and dump it, bucket and a jug seem the answer to me :roll: 8)

For anyone struggling with hose adaptors etc, perhaps an additional secondary hobby of "3D printing" could come in useful. You can make pretty much any hose adaptor you need, not to mention all the other things I find useful. I'm up to about a dozen different adaptors, all 3D printed and ready before even Amazon prime could have delivered.

Just a thought....

DavidEP":335k9l6j said:
For anyone struggling with hose adaptors etc, perhaps an additional secondary hobby of "3D printing" could come in useful. You can make pretty much any hose adaptor you need, not to mention all the other things I find useful. I'm up to about a dozen different adaptors, all 3D printed and ready before even Amazon prime could have delivered.

Just a thought....

David,
What machine do you use to print, and is it a short or long learning curve?
Thanks in advance
Greg

Back