Dust extraction fittings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aragorn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello
Anyone know a good (cheap) source for standard dust extraction fittings - hose, blast gates, Y-junctions and the like?
Ta!

Hi Aragorn
I've just fitted a dust extraction system like the one mentioned above. The only problem I had was extracting from my mitre saw. Not really anything to do with the Axminster kit.The pipe size is ample for my machines and was easy to assemble

Hi Jaymar

I hope you don't mind some questions.

Do you have a P/T and table saw connected? If so, how do you find it.

What are you using as the dust extraction unit? Would you change it for another unit?

Are you using it in a single garage?

Thanks, in advance
Neil

Hello Neil,
I have extraction on my table saw,also my mitre saw,radial arm and band sawwith a flexible outlet for the lathe, mostly my own contraption.It works fine except for the guard extractor, that doesn't take as much away as I would like as I had to use old vacuum cleaner pipe which reduces the flow of air. I used "T" joint and blast gate from the Axminster kit to connect the guard pipe to the extractor.My dust extractor is a 2 hp Nutool which has enough power to service more than one machine,I bought it on E-bay,almost new.As I work in my cellar I though it best to go for over-kill as there is little natural air flow down there.If I can be of any help just e-mail me.

Thank you everyone for your links.
Looks like a re-fit in metal ducting will cost a small fortune, so back to good old plastic.

Aragorn

hi newbie-n
no i dont have a canvac ,what i found at last years scottish show was there stall selling all the fitting types ie: elbows,"y"s,"t"s,blast gates (100mm) suitable for use with drainage pipe at less than normal store prices.
the plumbing link i included as in their ventilacion section they have a good selection of flat section plastic ducting and fittings.
fwiw ive been using some 100mm tumble drier type light flexible hose up to 3m long to extend the 2m hose on my E/B chip collector on both table saw and planer for 12months and it has yet to be punctured or split whilst sucking up regular chippings in use.
Dave W

Hi Dave

Thanks for the information about their fittings as "show offers".

They had the prices for the extractors on the site but not the fittings.

Cheers
Neil

Back