dust extraction (again)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello - this is my first post, so "Hello" and please forgive if this subject has been done to death before or this is the wrong part of the forum...

I've got an (2-bag) Axminster ade1200 extractor, with standard bag, which isn't so great for the fine dust. I want to extract from dust creating power tools (lusting after Metabo 450). Does this type of machine work well with the fine filter bag and narrow tubing or should I save the money (£40+ just for the bag) and spend it on a shop vacuum - e.g the Trend Fine Filter (£149 at DM-Tools)?

Also does the ADE1200 work well with long lengths of piping - I've got a tandem garage, so it's very long and narrow.

Thanks,

Pete

This is the set up that I have, ie the Metabo 450 ROS and the Trend AF (fine filter) Vac, and it is an excellent set up. I quite often sand stuff without wearing my Trend Airace mask, and there is no detectable dust esacaping the process

John

Hi Pete

Welcome to the group.

I have exactly the same set up as John and I can't praise it enough.

Metabo 450 ROS and the Trend AF (fine filter) Vac.

Cheers
Neil

Hi Pete, I use the same set up as above IE Metabo 450SXE + Trend AF30 and agreee it does work well. This set up is very portable so I can also use it doing DIY round the house without getting dust everywhere.

I do not have a proper dust extractor to be able to compare it to.

Pete,

I've extolled the virtues of the Trend T30AF many times before when portable extraction is being discussed. Get it, there is simply no better model for the money (power, quietness, 5 metres of hose, 5 metre of flex, power take off etc, etc). And as other posters have mentioned portability is a big plus, not just for the workshop but the house, car etc.
Get the T30AF. So good my wife stole the first one.

Rgds

Noel

Back