Dust extraction. 125mm T vs 110mm Y

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danildo

Reaction score
Hello!

I am struggling to decide between 125mm or 110m ducting system. The problem is, 125mm does not offer Y sections, only T's. I have searched everywhere, nobody sells them in Norway. Well, one does but its 100£ per Y - Vs 9£ per T

Its a 5m Long run on a 2hp dust extractor with a 125mm port. I Will have 4 tools. Which means 4 T's from ceiling that drops to Machines with blast gates. Or 4 Y's with a 110mm pipe

Any input on which Will provide more airfow?

Rule of thumb with air flow is keep it straight. If that is not possible, keep it straight-er as much as possible for as long as possible.

So a merging Y is loads better than a T for any given diameter.
There are some pins on Pinterest showing DIY approach for making very low angle Y junctions, if you can't find an off the shelf one.

Hello!

I am struggling to decide between 125mm or 110m ducting system. The problem is, 125mm does not offer Y sections, only T's. I have searched everywhere, nobody sells them in Norway. Well, one does but its 100£ per Y - Vs 9£ per T

Its a 5m Long run on a 2hp dust extractor with a 125mm port. I Will have 4 tools. Which means 4 T's from ceiling that drops to Machines with blast gates. Or 4 Y's with a 110mm pipe

Any input on which Will provide more airfow?

Get in touch with these folk. I'm sure there's a way you can get them to post. Failin gthat I'm willing to buy and send on if you cover the postage.

https://www.machinery4wood.co.uk/pr...MItYXagtvF7QIVzd_tCh2J8gCxEAQYECABEgKQFfD_BwE

Back