Dust Extract

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenledger

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a dust hood in 4in from Axminster and want to come off of it real quick at 90 degrees. Ideally with a male female fitting, but i can find one !!
I have looked at plastic waste pipe but that size is 110mm. I am also thing of a toilet pan fitting that is in M/F elbow, the pan fitting is rubber and will fit the hood but the male end end in a rubber male so it goes into the toilet waste pipe. I can cut that bit off but do not know what size the plastic is, it must be less than 4in by the look of it.
Anyone have any other ideas

Not great to come off anything like that at 90 degrees as the suction losses are considerable. Much better to come off with a pair of 45 degree elbows like a chamfer.

Anyway, I appreciate that this may not be possible.

The general approach is to use a female collar and then connect another male part to it. The following link shows most of the parts typically used in a 100mm system together with a few extra parts too.

100mm Dust Extraction Kit | Axminster Tools

Another approach is to buy a length of flexible pipe and join male to male parts. The piping isn't cheap (unless you can get a small off cut) and the losses of this are even worse than rigid 90 degree elbows.

Yes swept bends are always best for air flow but as you say i am tight for space plus M/B bends seem non existant.

could the hood be tilted and some ply used to extend the sides, or block the top vent and fit one to the sloped part of the hood....

I have one its black plastic and branded Charnwood. I use it on the spindle as it's close to a wall.
Can't remember where I bought it now.

Ollie

Latest posts

Back