Dust Collection Bags

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianUK

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve a Trend T32, which I find perfect for my needs when hooked up to small hand tools.
It uses micro filter bags, not expensive, around £20.00 for 5, however, I remember long ago I had a Vac that had a bag which a plastic strip that was shaped with a fold along its length and was slid over the folded end of the open dust collection bag. It was slid off to allow the bag to be emptied, then put back on again, thus allowing the bag to be used over.
Now, I understand Trend would really appreciate me spending my money on new bags, however being frugal & also concerned of wasteful practice, I d like to replicate this ‘slide-y’ piece of plastic.
Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Last edited:
I have a Nilfisk which uses filter bags. I cut the bag along theseal at the bottom of the bag. I then fold the end over and clamp it between two pieces of wood and secure with screws. I reuse the bags dozens of times. To clean, I just remove the wood strips, empty the bag, then blast out with high pressure air until clean. For a clip, something like this might work

I have a Nilfisk which uses filter bags. I cut the bag along theseal at the bottom of the bag. I then fold the end over and clamp it between two pieces of wood and secure with screws. I reuse the bags dozens of times. To clean, I just remove the wood strips, empty the bag, then blast out with high pressure air until clean. For a clip, something like this might work
Thx Sandyn, that’s exactly the sort of thing I remember, just couldn’t get a google hit without the right phrase.
Am going to replicate your solution for now tho until I can order the plastic strip.
Thx again :)

Sew a zip into it, in fact you can probably find some on ebay already with a zip in. They do festool and Henry ones at least.
I thought about getting some but then I thought about it a bit more and didn`t, because every time you put a new bag on you are effectively getting a new filter. I think they would likely become clogged after a couple of empties. Also I am too lazy to be bothered faffing about.

You could also try a plastic binder clip, which I have seen people do before. Or a big one of those kitchen clips for bags of rice and cereal etc.

Ollie

In the past I've used a piece of square profile electricians trunking, discard the top section, cut to the length of the cut made in the bag and lay the cut bag section into the profile and secure it in place by snapping in a length of suitably sized dowel.

This sort of trunking:

1645146583385.png
1645146583385.png

Back