Ducting system supplies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to put in a small extraction system into my workshop and I'd rather go with metal than plastic simply because it will be more robust.

The only people I can find that supply the metal fixtures are Axminster. Given that their plastic fittings are c 2x that of D&M for ostensibly the same part eg 100mm Y piece D&M £5.99 / Axminster £9.64 :? I am led to believe that there may be cheaper suppliers of the sam e products out there.

Anyone able to help please?

Thanks

Tim

Thanks - just had a look at their site - no prices though - did you just give them a list of requirements to quote on or did you get them to come up with a system layout for you?

Cheers

T

Tim
Try the good old yellow pages, theres plenty of duct suppliers out there. The amount you want for a small workshop my be just lying around in thier skips, they will usually have all the joints and fittings to hand.

Bean

TIM
I visited them at stoke on trent and sorted it out over the counter they did not have the flex duct but delivered in two days free i remember the duct price was very good.

Old i have emailed this company 3 times in the last month for advice/prices etc and they have not answered one of them.
Yet their website states "WHO CARES" We care and we have the resources and experience to do so effectively. Well their thoughts on customer care are obviously different from mine.

Also as Tim states there are no prices on their site but if you remember when you first gave us the link to this site (a month or so ago) you pointed to how cheap per metre their metal pipes were £3 something. I wonder why they removed this? I have tried to search for your previous post but i cannot find it, do you remember when you posted it?

Regards

Woody

Woody,

I got an email bounced message today - maybe their email is duff (not a good sign) but I may call them tomorrow.. If i do I'll let you know how I got on.

T

Yes Adam thats it, thank you.

Tim does not sound good. Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Woody

Tim,
Suggest you phone the Bristol branch. Good service, rapid delivery and half the price of Axminster!

David

David,

Even better - for once right place, right time - I'm in Bristol tomorrow measuring up a job :p

Cheers

T

Tim,

When I phoned CCL at Bristol, they automatically offered me a 20% discount. Suspect that you may have to ask for the discount if you go to the trade counter.

Cost of 125mm duct after discount was £10.46 + vat per 3 metre length, and 125mm Blast gates cost £15 plus vat.

Good luck

David

david,

Didn't get to them in the end but they are sending me the catalogue. Now I know that they offer 20% as standard I will clearly have to push them for 30% :twisted:

Cheers

T

David as you will see from the above link that Adam kindly found they were only charging £5.81 m2 for 100mm (and showing on their website) about a month ago.

Regards

Woody

Back