Duck tape or duct tape?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it hard to believe that no one with a military background has corrected you all yet..so let me :) It's called "Black Nasty" for two obvious reasons.
NB: if your black nasty isn't in fact black you have an inferior product thats pretending to be the real thing..and its probably not as sticky either!

"Marmalade colour" of course!
You sure about that???

ch930919.gif

I find it hard to believe that no one with a military background has corrected you all yet..so let me :) It's called "Black Nasty" for two obvious reasons.
NB: if your black nasty isn't in fact black you have an inferior product thats pretending to be the real thing..and its probably not as sticky either!

Well Terrytpot, I was in the RAF from 1961 to 1969 and had never heard of "Duct" tape (or "Gaffer" tape), or IF I remember correctly, any other black material-backed sticky tape until landing in civvy street afterwards.

That because RAF isnt military its in a class of its own where even the plebs speak in a tone akin to her majesty. ;)

Duck and cover boys the squaddies and sailors will be along shortly. (All said in jest gents)

Ha! My misses calls it black nasty too, she’s been in the RAF for 12 years. 😂

Oh please tell me you googled black nasty.

Was there anything else that popped up. Perhaps something 12" or longer that takes batteries? Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was judicious in the search terms, let's leave it like that.😇

It's Duct tape, it's a bit like calling your vacuum cleaner a Hoover.

Latest posts

Back