Duck tape or duct tape?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry but no it has to be Dundee by Mackays

anything else and you're just a heathen awaiting a stoning :p
@Droogs - TYPICAL reply from someone "oop Norf" (i.e. N of Watford - in Herts don'tcha know)!

Terrytpot

Established Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that no one with a military background has corrected you all yet..so let me :) It's called "Black Nasty" for two obvious reasons.
NB: if your black nasty isn't in fact black you have an inferior product thats pretending to be the real thing..and its probably not as sticky either!

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that no one with a military background has corrected you all yet..so let me :) It's called "Black Nasty" for two obvious reasons.
NB: if your black nasty isn't in fact black you have an inferior product thats pretending to be the real thing..and its probably not as sticky either!
Well Terrytpot, I was in the RAF from 1961 to 1969 and had never heard of "Duct" tape (or "Gaffer" tape), or IF I remember correctly, any other black material-backed sticky tape until landing in civvy street afterwards.

novocaine

Established Member
Reaction score
That because RAF isnt military its in a class of its own where even the plebs speak in a tone akin to her majesty. ;)

Duck and cover boys the squaddies and sailors will be along shortly. (All said in jest gents)

TomB

Reaction score
Ha! My misses calls it black nasty too, she’s been in the RAF for 12 years. 😂

novocaine

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh please tell me you googled black nasty.

Was there anything else that popped up. Perhaps something 12" or longer that takes batteries? Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bm101

Lean into the curve.
Reaction score
I was judicious in the search terms, let's leave it like that.😇