DSG Lathes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhyolith

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a DSG lathe 17inch or smaller in good condition (its important that is reliable).

I keep an eye on eBay with 3 differently worded searches, but I thought it was worth seeing if anyone knows of any about that need a good home.

Suggestions of other places I could look at equally welcome.

Aren't we all? :( , I want a 13x42 but can't afford any I've seen. But try Scot & Sargent and Wilkinsons have seen refurbed units on their sites in the past also lathes.co.uk for sale section.

Good bloody luck! :lol: I think most that have got one of the smaller models you'd have to pry it from their cold dead hands!

Theres a couple of engineering machine tool pages on facebook, I've seen a couple come up on there.

There was a Type 17 DSG lathe on Fb marketplace just over a week ago, just had a look but as often the case with fb couldnt find it again, It was advertised as spares or repair & was cheap at about 600 quid.
I sold one 6 months ago from a workshop contents a friend & i bought, you see them up for 5k plus all the way up to 10k, I doubt they sell at those prices, we sold ours for 2.5 k just to move it on quick

The FB groups - one is Engineering and Machinist Tools for sale UK, the other is lathes and machine tools UK. I watch a lot of industrial auctions as well, I'll keep an eye out.

Keith 66":2jofes3b said:
There was a Type 17 DSG lathe on Fb marketplace just over a week ago, just had a look but as often the case with fb couldnt find it again, It was advertised as spares or repair & was cheap at about 600 quid.
I sold one 6 months ago from a workshop contents a friend & i bought, you see them up for 5k plus all the way up to 10k, I doubt they sell at those prices, we sold ours for 2.5 k just to move it on quick
A 17 would be ideal. I think a nice one is worth £2000-4000 going by ebay in the past, the only ones that go above that are either huge or rare models like the 17t (would love one of those) and even then I would say very well restored one with re-ground slides and everything is worth £10,000+.

Back