Drywall under stairs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Designer1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm interested in putting some under stairs storage under these cupboards but am a bit cautious of what is lurking behind the drywall. As far as I know it's just stud wall with a small frame at the end on the inside of the cupboard to make the small flat section. Can anyone confirm this or has anyone had previous experience of a similar situation? I have attached pictures of the area I am looking to do and the picture of the stud wall is one from Google, I am assuming this is what it is like. If anyone has had experience with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Designer1
IMG_20210813_090353.jpg
IMG_20210813_093644.jpg

9a7e3e988a6ceeb8a71465bdeca555e4.jpg

I would assume it to be as you said. They are often squared off like that because it’s difficult to finish with drywall, plaster and skirting due the the lack of head room.

Unless it’s hiding a secret portal to an alternate universe.

If it’s the latter it will at least provide lots of additional storage space.

It should be like the pik.... cut out the plasterboard on the inside and take a look :) if you cut a neat hole you can always put it back in on battens

It should be like the pik.... cut out the plasterboard on the inside and take a look :) if you cut a neat hole you can always put it back in on battens
Yes I never thought of that, much better option than going head first with the drywall saw

Back