Drive Belt for Scheppach HMS260

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softtop

Established Member
Reaction score
My drive belt (rubber/material belt from the motor to the planer blades) is falling to pieces (and clogging up the roller chain mech but that's another story...).

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement, ideally without paying a small fortune for what is really just a bit of reinforced rubber band?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Softop There is a small supplier on the industrial estate in Boston so only a few miles from you called anglia bearings who should be able to sort a belt out for you if you know the code it will help otherwise the length and width should suffice. I have just bought a matched pair of belts for my panel saw and the cost was £12.

http://www.yell.com/s/bearings-boston.html

Worth giving them a ring to see if they have one in stock if they dont they usually get them next day.

cheers

jon

ps how you getting on with the shutters?

Thank you all very much - I knew you guys would know!

I will have a ring round. Yes £26 does sound a lot but I like the look of £6.17. Will try the local guys too - thanks Jon.

As regards the shutters I've made them all but not had time to fit them yet... Due to the lovely weather I've been re-roofing and re-building a wall and fitting an RSJ between two rooms. Oh and I have to make 6 windows as well hence the need to sort out the P/T!

Cheers,

Henry

I've tried all the various options and the official part doesn't seem to get any cheaper than £20.

Since it's been running fine on a completely knackered old one I'm going to go for the cheapo option of bearingboys so thanks Bob for that. Will let you know how I get on...

Hi Henry

did the timing belt from BearingBoys work for you?
My drive belt has failed and the prices I'm seeing for replacement belts are laughable. £35 !
Would like to know if the Bearingboys belt worked.

Thanks and have a great Christmas.

Rob

Yes it worked fine and has been running on it ever since, no problems. Sorry for not updating the topic.

Merry Christmas to all!

Henry

I ordered two of the belts from bearing boys but they are too short :cry: . Does anyone have an alternative spec and supplier for a belt that actually fits?

I know this is an old post but can any of you who have replied in the previous posts (and if you are still with us!) Please get in touch to advise me on how you got your new belt on?

Thanks

Gosh it was a while ago but IIRC I put it on the larger wheel then used a large screwdriver to lever it on to the shaft. Old one came off easily as it was very worn.

Good luck!

Henry

Back