Drinks Cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,
Yup, another Philly style project for your delectation :roll:
This one is a drinks cabinet (or sideboard) in American Cherry and London Plane (it was labelled as Lacewood but...). Traditional construction (M+T, frame and panel back, top held on with buttons), sliding doors, the lower rails will hold six bottles of wine (and room for plenty more inside \:D/) and finished with boiled linseed oil.
I had a lot of fun making this as I did NO sanding. After the Maloof style chair it's nice to get the planes out again....... :roll:
I have full step-by-step pics on my website here.
Hope you like it,
cheers
Philly :D
cabinetside.jpg

P.s. will post some better pictures when the Sun shines again in Poole :roll:

Really nice, Philly - and the walk through on your website is great.
Stewart

Philly,

Nice one.

Philly":janr4350 said:
P.s. will post some better pictures when the Sun shines again in Poole :roll:
So spent all of your money on tools, not a shilling (5p) left for the meter then. :wink:

Beautifuly done :)

I wasn't able to view the completed gallery pics (mentioned only in case one of your servers has gone missing!) but there's plenty to applaud in the WIP photos, Particularly like the doors - sliding doors are an under-used design feature in modern furniture, I think.

Philly,

Great job! However, I must complain - your work rate is waaaay too high - it makes the rest of us look bad. Much more of this and we may be forced to take steps...

Thanks for your kind comments, all :oops: :D
Will sort out thew flipping server today. Computers, eh?
And Chris, I apologise. I promise to slow down in the new year........ :^o
Cheers

Super job Philly, just in time for those Xmas drinks as well. Six bottles should be enough to get a party going.

And a very pleasant time looking at your web photographs.

Philly - that's a fantastic job! I like the legs and the sliding doors are very neat.
I don't know how you manage those detailed step-by-steps - but I really enjoyed reading it.
Enjoy using it!
Cheers
Gidon

Great stuff, Philly - but we might have to ask the other woodkateers to confiscate your tools for a while if this rate of production continues - I'm sure they wouldn't mind :wink:

Soon to be seen in a magazine, perhaps :?: :lol:

Cheers,
Neil

I too am impressed by your ouput - are you envisioning a career change to become the Celtic Norm of the UK? :wink:

My one main project per year is hard to increase but you too have kids a job etc .

How does he find the time - maybe a TARDIS?

Only jealous of course :mrgreen:

Da Iawn

Very Nice work Philly.

:D

Question about you're website? Does Mr Smith know about you're Clone? And why no bird inlays :) looks Nice. Is the Custom a Vintage Cherry Burst, the same as mine?
Is that a 57 and a Studio lurking in the background too. I have a 57 and a Wine red studio too.

Cheers
Lee.

Another fantastic piece Philly =D> but I agree with Chris, if you carry on at this rate, we will have to do something [-(

Philly,

another excellent piece - How do you find the time?

I hope Santa brings you something to fill it up with.

Andy

Thanks again for the positive comments! :D Makes me want to get out in the workshop...... :lol:
Since I gave up sleeping I find I have so much spare time. I just feel a lot more tired :roll:
And Lee-thankfully Mr Smith hasn't seen my guitar yet. I built it as back-up for my "real" one. They are sweet guitars.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back