drills

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesbones

Established Member
Reaction score
I read about someone looking for a 15/32 wood drill and had problems finding one. I have the same problem so I am wondering if some body found out where. (Are colt the best wood drills or are there any better?) jonesbones

15/32" is a gnats nibblet under 12mm.

32 = 0.7937 X 15 = 11.90625, according to my calculator.

12 mm drills are plentiful.

thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I want the drill for pen turnig and the tighter the fit the better but like you say if i cant find one 12mm will have to do cheers jones bones.

A 12mm flat bit can easily be filed to be exactly what you want. Just remember to remove the same amount from both sides.

xy

I've been very impressed with the lip & spur bits from Wealden. I've been using them for a year now and they are still very good to use.
I'm hoping that Father Christmas may well extend my range. :wink:

Bob

Argus":3o1m1puy said:
32 = 0.7937 X 15 = 11.90625, according to my calculator.

12 mm drills are plentiful.

I can't check from this computer but I'd imagine that 11.9mm twist drill bits are easy and cheap enough to find on ebay. When I was an apprentice metalworker most of our work was in Imperial measurement. However most of our drill bits were metric, and our range of bits went in 0.1mm steps.

Famag or wood bits, best I've had, Fisch aren't bad. 15/32 in hss are easily available but not the best for wood drilling cleanly

Back