Drilling out router plate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I ahve finally saved up enough to get a router to go with my router table (Rout-r-Slide). However i have to drill the plate (which is aluminium) to take the router (a hitachi M12v). As i am no engineer i am struggling on how to get my router centred and the hole marked out. I am sure this is simple but as the router plate slides in an out it needs to be spot on. I am very nervous about messing up as the table is now obselete so i probably can not get another plate. The router table has no manual which would make it simple. :D
Any help is greatfully received though you will need to make it simple as i am not to versed in this stuff.

Try a look at www.woodshopdemos.com

Amongst a lot of other stuff it has details of a couple of router tables one of which I seem to remember used a Hitachi M12V - it also included various mods to the router itself for better use in a table...

Ok, so what they are sugesting is use a v cutter to mark the centre point of the router and then put some sort of marks on the plate with a scribe or something. I guess if i put a crosshair on the plate i will be able to find the centre of that as well. Sounds a bit heath robinson to me You would think there would be a template to download or something. Any other sugestions are welcome.

Make your own template by pressing a piece of A4 paper to the router base. Rub it firmly and you will end up with indents where the fixing holes etc are.

Alan

Thanks everybody think i have an idea now. Amazing how complex you can make something if you think hard enough :D :D

Back