Drill guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouHolme

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good drill guide? Am making toys and trying to get a straight Forster bit hole plus hole for dowel axle is proving difficult! TIA

Can anyone recommend a good drill guide? Am making toys and trying to get a straight Forster bit hole plus hole for dowel axle is proving difficult! TIA
I had the same problem doing axle holes for my toys. I went down the Pillar drill route. I like being to set up everything, then lock in place before drilling. It takes a bit longer, but reduces the chance of me messing things up. I do that a lot!!

I was about to make a post on these lines @LouHolme as I'm also in need of a guide of some sort and did do a Google search in the early hours of this morning - sad I know but it was bothering me somewhat 🤣

I was thinking about this one sold by Axminster Tools BUT they are out of stock at the moment. Apparently it is an *updated* version (MK3?) as previous ones had a number of faults - I've read a number of the reviews on the page for this. Bit pricey at £155...

Meanwhile I've just ordered the Axminster drill guide kit (suggested by @xLrc - thanks 👍) which will be a temporary stop gap for me and help (hopefully) to get vertical holes 😉. I don't think the kit will be of use to you for the Forster bits though.

https://www.axminstertools.com/ujk-technology-drill-guide-with-10mm-chuck-106072

Make your own simple guide from a off cut , use maybe 1/2 or 3/4 " thick, cut hole with your bit then clamp/fix over your piece and drill through both with the top piece acting as a guide .As said though a drill press is the way to go if you have the cash/space for one. :)

I have one of these - just calamp in an electric drill . . . works like a drill press (I have one of those too but this is quicker and handier)

kwb 778400 Mobile Machine and Cordless Screwdriver, Drill Stand with 43 mm Euro Clamping Neck, 1 Count (Pack of 1) : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
Thank you - bought one today and have successfully drilled 3 axel holes and cut 6 wheels using 51mm hole saw! Will try the first we bit tomorrow but it’s looking good so far 🙏🏼👍🏼

Latest posts

Back