Drill Doctor 360X

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
Well, had a go at sharpening some drill bits by hand, after watching a couple of utube videos and hearing on here that it was quite easy to do, only I couldn't get the hang of it and wasn't very happy with the results :(

Then Rutlands came up with this offer http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psPro ... ?promo=112 for the Drill Doctor 360X. Still not cheap even at the discounted price but thought I would give it a go anyway and pleased I did :D

Arrived yesterday just in time for the weekend and I spent an hour or so today sharpening loads of HSS bits from 3mm up to 13mm. Didn't realise I had so many of them :oops:

Works a treat and fast and easy once you have done a couple, nice clean grinds, chisel point, perfect every time and no worrying about making them cut inaccurate hole sizes (more important generally for drilling in metal I guess).

Also does carbide tipped masonry drills, very easy too, so did a pile of them as well.

Nice bit of kit, well made, works well, and simple and consistent to use.

If you're a hand sharpening numpty like me :lol: and can afford the pennies, don't think you'll regret it, a good buy at the discounted sales price.

Cheers, Paul

That's a cracking price Paul, I bought one a few years ago and paid about double that. Mine does a little more (different angles etc.) well it doesn't really as I never use it, been meaning to sell it actually, but seeing as Rutlands are selling the 360 for £60 I can't see me recouping much of my "investement" anytime soon.

Cheers
Aled

Agreed on the sale price Aled, wouldn't have entertained it at full price, cheaper to buy new drills as needed, but the reduction just squeezed it into the territory of being worth a go, for me at any rate.

Cheers, Paul

I wouldn't recommend sharpening carbide, the dust it liberates is seriously harmfull, I'd do a lot of things at home that I wouldn't let someone do at work but grinding carbide I won't go near, just buy new cheap bits instead

Aidan

Back