• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Drill bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

JobandKnock

Amateur curmudgeon
Reaction score
As I said. Never had the problem, but then I am not constantly changing the pilot bit projection. I tends to set and use it for maybe a thousand or more screws before it needs to be reset, if that. Bad batch possibly? Can't see Tx grub screws helping much - in fact are there such things in such small sizes?

Last edited:

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you using the correct size hex key, I could be totally wrong but seem to remember the hex key needed was imperial?

hugov

Established Member
Reaction score
Trend Snappy bits are two pieces of metal, a hex outer and a round inner, connected by a pin; and those pins are indeed pretty ... well snappy).

There must be different types of Snappy ones: the ones I have (these ones) are a set of hex collets each holding a replaceable standard HSS jobber drill. I really like them – convenience of quick-release hex shank combined with serviceability with commodity round shank bits. You can even put brad point or other special bits in the collets.

JoshD

Established Member
Reaction score
There must be different types of Snappy ones: the ones I have (these ones) are a set of hex collets each holding a replaceable standard HSS jobber drill. I really like them – convenience of quick-release hex shank combined with serviceability with commodity round shank bits. You can even put brad point or other special bits in the collets.
I think it was these

I do also have one collet one, but as supplied it slips in the collet. I guess tightening wouldn't be too onerous but haven't bothered