Drill bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marcross - they'll be posted tomorrow. The P.O. systems are down and they're closed.

Don't make a special trip Phil, if it takes a few weeks I would rather that you and your good lady stay safe. Zero risks where possible.

I would be interested to see the grinder.
It’s a Christen drill grinder, acquired in a poor state and re-built from the ground up. Will grind drills from .020” to .250” and with an attachment up to 8mm 5/16”
EB11338A-6424-420C-9B75-0158D2CAD20D.jpeg

Cobalt steel drills are lovely and hard, but that makes them more brittle.

I’d go for 7mm HSS jobber drills, I’ve generally found it better to use and throw bits and they will likely be more common (and cheaper) than a fraction smaller.

Aidan

I would be interested to see the grinder.
Have a look at any of the 6inch grinders forsale with one fine graded white stone wheel or you can use a Robert Sorby Proedge belt sander with a fine grade belt. Note: you don't need a tool rest support when grinding drill bits so get one that can be removed easily - you need to be able to move and twist the drill at accute angles and it is safer not to have the rest in place.

Back