Dressing up my TS-200 - zero-clearance insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JakeS":2n8upn7a said:
Today I attached the washers using araldite's 'extra strong' blue-and-white epoxy resin-glue

For the record - this worked absolutely fine. I had a go at moving all three, and couldn't get them to budge by hand, which is strong enough for the ZCI to sit on. It did take about a day and a half for the glue to cure, though - possibly thanks to the cold?

I've previously only used the regular red-and-white Araldite, which is already pretty good - I'm impressed with this blue-and-white stuff, especially considering one side of the join is just a lightly-scarred flat, non-porous surface!

Next up: I coincidentally have a length of dowel of exactly the same diameter as the throat corners (3/4") - it's what I used to draw the corners on the insert before trimming them off - so I'll cut a couple of sections of that to use as spacers to hold the insert up, since there's a much taller gap between the bottom of the iron table and the top than there is between the top of the insert-support shelf and the top of the table.

(I'm actually wondering whether it might be a better idea to leave the gap between the washers and the top of the table twice the size of the gap between the existing cast shelf and the top of the table, so that when making inserts in the future I can double-up the material for half the insert and provide a little extra rigidity.)

JakeS":2uwyoedr said:
For the record - this worked absolutely fine.
How has the long term durability of this insert worked in practice ?

Having just found this thread, I would be concerned at the length of thin material on this.

19.jpg
[/URL]

Ive recently tidied up a new TS, OCI, riving knife, removed the casing round the blade,

and the full seal up with duck tape . I will if anyone is interested do a WIP.

My riving knife was made out of 2mm sheet steel nothing flash, the OCI is 3mm sheet Ally

drilled and csk using the original as a pattern

17.jpg
[/URL]

Cheers Paul.

Latest posts

Back