Dremel.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Dremel 300 brand new for £25. Bargain. I know I will find many uses for it, especially sanding. However. I would like your opinion on another application. I have been looking at router tables but I would be hard pushed to get a full sized one into my workshop as space is tight. Dremel make a small 6 x 8 router table that clamps to a bench and my 300 would fit it. The only use I will have for it is rounding over square edged items like coasters and plant stands etc that are made from hardwood from 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. I was wondering if the dremel would be up to the task. The other alternative would be to buy the Trend router plate insert and make a small router table as I already have a nice router. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone that has done what i intend. many thanks.

Geoff.

Hi,

I have the Dremel Table and full size router table. I find that for the size you area talking about the Dremel is far easier to use. Within its limitations it does a good job.

James

Back