Dremel attachment that makes lines like 1.5mm gouge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ives

Established Member
Reaction score
I've posted a similar question I think, in woodworking, but now I have more specific info! I'm using the edge of a Dremel sander attachment to make lines, and a friend showed me his 1.5mm gouge and it makes the same line. But he suggested not getting the gouge, and getting a Dremel flex shaft and an attachment. Then I wouldn't have to sharpen the gouge, and it's tricky to sharpen such a tiny one.

Do you agree?

Do you know of a Dremel attachment that makes a line just like a 1.5mm gouge?

Here's the photo of my piece.

DSC07921-1.jpg

My dentist is away on maternity leave! Darn! Great idea, I wonder if I can hold out a couple more months. Or it might take me that long to figure out exactly what I need anyway.

I guess if I google diamond burr 1.5mm...I'll try that.

I'd suggest carbide or HSS burrs rather than diamond as they're less likely to clog. I have some that small but I can't remember where I got them from.

Have a look at the Proxxon-direct.com site - lots of different types of small cutters etc. available?

Rod

I bought the Dremel 105, but with the little ball on the tip, but it jumps around and doesn't work well in most directions on the grain. I'm wondering if the 111 would work better, as it's more of a rectangular shape. Anyone know?

Ives,

I think that part of your problem is that few others on the forum do a similar task to you, so everybody is having a best guess at what will work. For a couple of quid on ebay, you may be able to get a mixed set of burrs etc, and give each of them a try on some scrap. You will have to experiment with speeds and angles too, but it is probably the only way you will get the answer.

When you have found out what works, if the cheap ones are not good quality, you at least know what to source in a better quality.

HTH
Mark

Back