Drawer Runner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sxlalan

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good (reasonably cheap) website for purchasing Drawer Runners. I am looking for a bottom mounting concealed runner along the lines of this.

Cheers

Alan

Alan, not sure which type you mean. Your link only goes to the Hafele front page. Maybe lift a picture from the site? Or a code?

Noel

Try Woodfit www.woodfit.com.

Depends on what you mean by cheap. Expect to pay between £6 and £18 a pair depending on whether they are single or full extension etc

Cheers

Tim

Hi Noel. I've updated the link, thanks for the heads up.

Tim ... by cheap I mean under £10. I can buy a drawer with the correct runners (single extension) attached for £12 at Ikea. The drawer is only fit for firewood but the runner is OK :shock:. I'd rather only buy the runner though and cut the waste.

Cheers

Alan

Try Screwyfix, I've had their full extension runners and there are as good as Accuride, Hafele etc. £7 a pair for the longest ones.

Noel

Cheers Noel ... couldn't find any of the concealed runners though. Guess it looks like I might be going to Ikea!

Alan

I now use only the Blum Tandem full extention undermount runners which include the Blumotion (soft close). When you are going to the trouble of making a drawer why spoil it by using anything less than the best? Will cost around £18 a pair from Woodfit

John

sxlalan":1yfbofqq said:
Hi John

Can you post a link to these as I can't seem to find them on the site?

Woodfit (and Isaac Lord) have only recently started stocking these runners, so it may well be a question of ringing up about them.

Fitting info is the same as for the standard Blum tandem full extention runners. I'm pretty sure you can get it from www.blum.co.uk

John

Hi Neil

I haven't placed an order yet but the Blum Tandem Single Extension Runners for Wooden Drawers - Blum 550H (550H50ZP) are the sort of thing I initially had in mind. Just a question now of whether I want to fork out for some full extension ones instead!

Cheers

Alan

Newbie_Neil":j30oa2c9 said:
Hi Alan

Thanks, I like the Blum but for me it's just the price.

Cheers
Neil

I'm surprised that you feel that way. How much do one value one own's work at, and how long does it take to make and fit a drawer? Surely the difference in price between C&N runners and the very best Blum's is insignificant
John

Back