draw leaf table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangetlh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am currently building a draw leaf table, i started it about 6 months ago but i need it for christmas... not that you interested in that.. anyway i have the frame built, the tops and the internal workings goin ok, was a bit of a learning curve tho. The problem i have is stopping the tops from bowing and twisting as there is no way i can fix it down. I can get them straight one day by spraying a little water on them but they just go straight back. If you have one or have built one before you will know that the tops need to be absolutely straight for it to look nice and match up when they are open. The tops are solid ash and glued in the correct way.
I just cant seem to get them flat.

Hi
Is it possible to store them in the room you are going to use the table in, and then given a few days to climatise, then plane them flat.

Bean

If room stablisation does not cure the problem I suspect it's going to mean new timber for the tables and use the first top for narrow timber stock? :(

ive managed to get the main table top pretty straight so im happy with that. its the smaller leaves that keep moving now, i guess its because of the short length and being very wide. wil have another look tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back