Draper DIY Portable Fold Down Workbench 600mm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just take care while using, the father in law bought one and the "wooden" top very nearly had his finger off, we ended up taking a block plane to it. Also fit some timber inside the cross members otherwise they bend. But for £9 what do expect.

Matt

They've got their uses - two together make good trestles, and the single small one I've got is a competent SCMS stand (SCMS bolted down tightly!). The larger two I've got are very useful indeed.

The late and much missed Niki (of this forum) used to use one similar to mine as a router table, and I've done the same in the past -- it works really well with a gash bit of melamine-faced chipboard as the surface (plunge the router through once you've fixed it on).

That said, I think it's wise to replace the nuts provided with Nyloc ones (the anti-shake washers are pretty useless), and possibly put diagonal bracing on the framework. But given the cheapness, they're really useful.

E.

For 9 squids I thought they would make useful tressles , they are light and fold away for ease of storage in a van etc. Something like this are always a boon when sawing, gluing etc. and you are on your own, don't think they are designed to do the work of a Workmate.

Andy

Just bought a pair from Maplin, their name on them not Draper, for £18 delivered. They are quite light and nothing like as robust as a proper Workmate but I didn't expect them to be. They pop up/down in seconds and I think they will prove very useful.

Edit. Just checked the site and they're still available. Ignore the 2 reviews, especially the one moaning plonker saying it's not as good as a Workmate and took him 1 1/2 hours to put together. took me five minutes. :roll:

Latest posts

Back