Dragon Bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnjin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Just a quick question
Are Dragon still in business as all the links to them seem dead and I cant seem to find them on E-bay.
Thanks for the help

John

Thanks Old
Thats Great
I just thought I would give them a try instead of Dure edge.
Mind you Dure edge has always been fantastic in the past

All the best

John

Johnjin

Dragon has some new blades - M42, they are claimed to last much longer. I have one in my new saw to test and although I have no idea how long it will last, it is the best blade I have used so far.

Expensive, but Dragon claim they last loads longer than their standard blade.

I must point out in all fairness, that Dragon sent this blade to me free of charge to try out (I have bought several blades from them (and Dure Edge for that matter)).

Hi Tony
Thanks for that.
I have ordered a 3/4 x 3tpi M42 from Dragon as they offered it cheap and I would like to give it a try anyway.

All the best

John

Their generosity is incredible. They've also offered me a couple of blades to try, free of charge! They've even trimmed 5mm off some of my blades if I return them, at no extra cost. Excellent company! :)

Newbie_Neil":3nb3xdk7 said:
I think you'll find it's called marketing and very cheap as well.

Cheers,
Neil

It's also a good way of getting feedback on new blades - if a blade is new then feedback from different users with different machines will help make the blade a success or not - especially if it's a blade that most woodworkers haven't tried before.

Ian

Neil, I think you are a bit out of order here to Ian (and therefor dragon) have provided me with excellent service so far in regards to sharpening my festool blade with a very quick turn around, and currently supplying me with some bandsaw blades through a courier to avoid the postal strike. Whether it's marketing or not, it's quality service from a british company and should be commended, not given snide remarks, especially in light of certain members being taken to task over a few other threads such as the EZ one.

I feel your post contradicts the new 'friendly' policy that Charley spoke of in a recent update.

Do you accuse all the other members who are aligned to a company of cheap marketing, or just Ian?

I did'nt find anything wrong with Neil's comment, it was a personal observation in my eye's. :?

Isn't it easy to get distracted? Not necessarily helpful, though.

I reckon Neil's quite right when he says that Dragon is engaged in some shrewd marketing. When the Berlin Wall fell, the head of Coca Cola's European Division sent out his reps with orders to give away free bottles of Coke to the East Germans. Bottles were even pushed through holes in the wall. Reps then went to potential retail outlets and offered the shopkeepers free chillers. As a result, a drink which East Germans had never tasted before ended up being as popular in their neighbourhoods within ten years as it was in West Germany - and the head of Coca Cola's European Division became its CEO.

I'm not sure Dragon would thank me for comparing their products in this way :lol: . Still, their blades do have a good reputation and if I had the chance of freebie blades I'd be delighted to take advantage.

Gill

Byron
I see nothing snide in Neils post.
It is a good cheap form of marketing and is to be commended.
Why you take offence so easily I really don't understand.
I think an apology to Neil is called for.

Best wishes

John

Lets forget all remarks and get back to the product.
I got an M42 blade last year (free to do the product survey) and I can honestly say that it is still going strong and has not blunted.

Recalling the survey I did at the time, another big plus of the M42 blade for me is that I have access to some second hand timber and I am not too concerned that it sometimes has nails or screws imbedded, the M42 will cut through these obstructions providing feed rate is anticipating any of these nasties might be around.

Byron

OPJ":345pyt1n said:
Their generosity is incredible.

Newbie_Neil":345pyt1n said:
I think you'll find it's called marketing and very cheap as well.

The only point I was making was that Dragon were not being philanthropic.

They are achieving excellent results for their marketing campaign with very little cost. AFAIK, they have never paid for advertising on this forum, so it is a very effective low-cost campaign.

ByronBlack":345pyt1n said:
Neil, I think you are a bit out of order here. I feel your post contradicts the new 'friendly' policy that Charley spoke of in a recent update. Whether it's marketing or not, it's quality service from a british company and should be commended, not given snide remarks

I’m sorry that you feel that way, but I think it is you who are out of order by calling my remarks snide.

ByronBlack":345pyt1n said:
Do you accuse all the other members who are aligned to a company of cheap marketing, or just Dragon?

Why do companies come on here? The biggest proponents of low-cost, targeted internet marketing on this forum have to be the EZ people.

Cheers
Neil

I'm sorry if i've upset people, but I don't feel the need to apologise for my post. I did think it was a snide remark as there was no justification/reasoning behind the statement - it was said rather matter of factly, but to be fair, it is difficult to always read the intentions of the written word so i'll give the benefit of the doubt.

I think we need to encourage british companies/suppliers/enterprises and think Dragon saws so far have excelled in all I have asked of them in terms of service and will be happy to continue to recommend them along with other companies that I use and promote - all with the interests as a customer only.

Back