DPM- Vapour barrier ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pswallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I am currently building A wooden structure workshop. Because of budget restrictions I wont be insulating it for 4-5 months .The roofing materiel is P.V.C coated corrugated steel sheeting which has been sprayed with A substance that prevents condensation build up.The walls are 2x4 studding finished with treated ship-lap. What I can't decide is should I be sheeting the walls with and roof with DPM before fixing the ship-lap and roof sheets or should I be using DPM on the walls and vapour barrier on the roof? I don't want it to feel like A green house in the summer and I would also like any condensation to be able to escape.I will be insulating and sheeting the inside in the near future but I don't know if this has any bearing at all. . . .Has anyone any advice? Phil.

DPM is for stopping moisture rising so is lay'ed under concrete floors & under walls. Basically where moisture could rise and damage the building. You use VPs & BM's on walls and roofs.

Back