Down the garden path...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time, in a thread long ago...
"This might actually be The End."

No!
Not until you post a photo from the house back door showing a view that could grace "Homes and Garden"

Well it might not be H&G stuff, but this morning I took delivery of some granite chippings

delivery.jpg

And with a little help from Ray and Charlie (who else did you expect?), we barrowed and raked.
ray barrowing.jpg

raking.jpg

Charlie was Tucker-Inner-in-Chief

tucking in.jpg

We were done by 11am and I'm pleased with the end result
landing view.png

I should feel delighted, but I don't. First of all, I miscalculated the amount, I ordered more than twice what I actually needed. Fortunately the merchant is Ray's NDN and mate, so he will take the spare back (5 bags delivered, two-and-a-bit needed :(), but it will cost me a second delivery charge and my car and my neighbour's car are both out on the road tonight. Round here that is not a good thing. I have a Master's degree and I can't even multiply a few numbers together properly :(

Secondly I picked up two SD cards from my desk this morning to take down to the workshop. I now have one. I assume that the other is somewhere amongst the chippings. Fortunately I *think* that I have downloaded everthing of import off it, but even so.

And I made a cake. Flavour is fine, but it is underbaked and feels like eating sludge.

Not as happy a bunny as I should be.

I picked up two SD cards from my desk this morning to take down to the workshop. I now have one. I assume that the other is somewhere amongst the chippings.
those things are too small to be practical, i prefer a usb, at least you can put a keychain on those and make them at least slightly visable

I miscalculated the amount, I ordered more than twice what I actually needed
I made a similar mistake with concrete mix last week, made half as much as I needed. For the next bit I did, in a failed attempt to learn from my mistakes, I managed to make twice as much as I needed.

measurements aside, it looks like a great success, congratulations

Steve, I remember the wasteland or recycled nuclear rest site you started with all those posts ago. From where I am viewing, you have done a bl**dy good job! That is a cracking, uplifting view out your windae. Health to enjoy it for years and years Mucker.
Sam

Looks great. It will settle and pack down which will make dropped objects a tad easier to find.

Do you have a pressure washer perchance? Because now you need to do the top of that conservatory. 😂

Looks great to me - and quantities are always difficult so no need to feel bad about that. As for the cake - you'll just have to eat it and make another one!

Thank you all.
You're lucky they took them back - usually they won't lift them again once dropped off the first time.
I know. The guy picked them up this morning and said, "You're not the first..."

those things are too small to be practical, i prefer a usb, at least you can put a keychain on those and make them at least slightly visable
Except that my camera takes SD cards, not USB sticks :)

Steve, I remember the wasteland or recycled nuclear rest site you started with all those posts ago. From where I am viewing, you have done a bl**dy good job! That is a cracking, uplifting view out your windae. Health to enjoy it for years and years Mucker.
Sam
Ah yes, you mean this...

18707-906db4dbd78219eb2c6b78aadc977411.jpg

Do you have a pressure washer perchance? Because now you need to do the top of that conservatory. 😂
Just one more job on the list.

Thank you all.

It's looking very nice Steve, unrecognisable from how it started out.

Pete

You can find the SD card with a metal detector if you can borrow one Steve.
I didn't know that, thank you. But sadly I don't know anyone with such a gizmo. If you have one and are within striking distance of NG17, you are welcome to come and find it and claim your prize of a socially-distanced cuppa.

I've discovered that my spare SD card, which I've had for ages but have never used, takes HOURS to format on the PC (because the camera would not format it) and then the camera still doesn't like it. So after a quick chat with Racers, who knows All Things Camera Tech, the card is destined for the bin and I've ordered a new one. Proper brand and everything.

Moral of the story is to keep your SD cards in your computer or your camera at all times, and keep the pocket occupancy to a minimum.

Steve

I would blame the person who dug out, they have probably gone shallower than you planed and so I think your calculations were not far off, I used three 800Kg bags to cover an area that was 3.25 metres squared.

Steve

I would blame the person who dug out, they have probably gone shallower than you planed and so I think your calculations were not far off, I used three 800Kg bags to cover an area that was 3.25 metres squared.

That'll be me then. :)

Mind you, I like precision but I didn't actually plane it flat... :)

That's a sickener Steve, I do have an ancient metal detector that still works well but unfortunately you're the best part of 200 miles away or I'd have taken you up on the cuppa.

Back