dowel making on a router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jillybob

Reaction score
hi i,ve seen it before on tv but blowed if i can remember it(must be age!) they made some nice dowel on the table.i want some in french oak.can anyone tell me the know how??
thanks
simon

Despite what Steve say on the video it is possible to get dowel in a variety of timbers there's also these. However I'm going to give Steve's method a try - looks (as usual with Steve's jigs) very good :)

I still rate my Veritas dowel maker as one of the best bits of kits on the market for making dowel.

05j4501s7.jpg

dscf0515k.jpg

Jillybob, if you get really stuck, let me know what diameter that you require and how many metres, and I could price it up for you. I can make 1/4" up to 1" and in 1" stock size, I can produce it up to approx 5' long lengths. Mine would also be in air dried English oak though, not French.

Edit.. Having said the above in relation to using English oak, if you require anything less than 1/2" I would need to buy in the oak, and could not guarantee it's source.

Back