Dovetail jig identifacation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_vb36

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_0441 (320x240).jpg
Hi everyone, I have the chance to buy a dovetail jig and have attached a pic to see, the thing is I was hoping someone could tell me the manufacturer so as I can find a manual, best wishes Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0441 (320x240).jpg
    IMG_0441 (320x240).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 778
I have one of those, not really that good and very fiddly to set up to get good results.

Have a look at the Axminster site and download their manual, I think you will find it is the same.

I have not used it much and had it for years.

Mick

MickCheese":2op44ttk said:
I have one of those, not really that good and very fiddly to set up to get good results.

Have a look at the Axminster site and download their manual, I think you will find it is the same.

I have not used it much and had it for years.

Mick
Thanks Mick, but there is a slight difference between the two, as I am new to wood working I was hoping to find an excact match so that I can get the recomended size router bit and to see if I need a router collar or a bit with a guide barring?

Well, mine is exactly the same as yours and when I needed a finger joint template I just bought the Axminster one and it fitted perfectly.

I think the setting procedure and cutter sizes are the same, unfortunately i cannot at present find the instructions that came with mine. When I do I will check.

Mick

MickCheese":1gwmydz6 said:
Well, mine is exactly the same as yours and when I needed a finger joint template I just bought the Axminster one and it fitted perfectly.

I think the setting procedure and cutter sizes are the same, unfortunately i cannot at present find the instructions that came with mine. When I do I will check.

Mick
that would be great! cheers.

Item number: 290659010033 on ebay looks like your one ....Silverline if this helps :D

Dave

You may find it easier to toss your money down the drain, saves filling your bin with a piece of junk metal, thats where mine ended up after 2 drawers many years ago.

Thanks everyone for all your advise and I am aware the jig is nothing special but as I am mainly a woodturner and my budget is small so this is all I could afford, as you say there are a lot out there that are very similar and painted blue but there is one thing that that seems different on mine which is the piece of metal on the end off the clamping bar which the twisting knob screws into is square and on all other models it is round, I've seached hundreds of images on google and haven't found one the same!!

Latest posts

Back