Dovetail Jig for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartpaul

Established Member
Reaction score
Upgrade to Leigh jig :D means I'm looking to sell my Perform dovetail jig.

It's the yellow version which I now believe they sell in white. Includes the 1/4 inch template as well as the standard one and both cutters. Is in excellent condition in original box.

I'm looking for around £35 but open to (reasonable) offers. Buyer pays postage.

Let me know if anyone's interested.

The Leigh is in my opinion a superb bit of work. It's well made, the instructions are faultless and so easy to follow even I make good joints!!

Once set up you can knock out endless joints in minimal time, - and they all fit perfectly.

The only thing I find a pain is having to change cutters halfway through. I'm trying to persude myself that another 1/2 inch router isn't too much of an extravagence!!

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the information.

stuartpaul":1zz6gwcq said:
The only thing I find a pain is having to change cutters halfway through. I'm trying to persude myself that another 1/2 inch router isn't too much of an extravagence!!

Does it have to be a 1/2" router or could you do it with two 8mm routers rated at 1020?

Cheers
Neil

Hi Neil,

Funny, - I hadn't thought of doing it that way! Mainly 'cos I've got a reasonable set of 1/2 inch bits but of course it makes sense and could save me a few quid into the bargin if I decide to go ahead.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi Stuart

I have two cheap routers (Ferm, 35 each) which I use when cutting M & T's. They are TBC (Trend Base Compatible) so I can use all of my guides etc. I always buy 8mm cutters, for the smaller routers, as they have more strength and normally cost the same. Besides which, as you pointed out, it saves a lot of money. :wink:

Good luck with your sale.

Cheers
Neil

Hi CYC

Erm, I've just done a rough count and I was flabbergasted!!! So much so that I counted them again and then again.

I have six. :oops: :oops:

Please don't tell SWMBO. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Yes Neil, indeed I do hate to change them, especially in the router table.

I currently have 2 cheap routers, so when I can afford a nice router (I want the Festool OF1010 if any anonymous donor is listening :wink: ) I can use the cheaper ones for dedicated tasks (bits), like the round over bit which I use often.

Hi CYC

I have the Trend T9 for use in a table and for "big jobs". It is so much smoother than anything else I have.

I have a Festool jigsaw and the quality is just amazing. I have read in one of the magazines that the Festool router is becoming the Router of choice.

CYC":2k4anqtt said:
I want the Festool OF1010 if any anonymous donor is listening :wink:

SWMBO actually LET me buy two of the routers!!! When I had to do a job in the kitchen I told her that I needed a small router to get into certain areas and then I needed an intermediate router for another part of the job. :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":8wqv59hd said:
SWMBO actually LET me buy two of the routers!!! When I had to do a job in the kitchen I told her that I needed a small router to get into certain areas and then I needed an intermediate router for another part of the job. :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:
Presumably right after you'd done the whole "Watch my finger, follow my finger with your eyes, you feel sleepy, you're in a warm and secure place <snap> and you're under. When you wake up, you'll agree that..." Right? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Who will admit to 8 routers. But 5 of them have no tails, and the other 3 have no soul. :wink:

HAHAHAHA Neil I remember your christmas story, back then you didn't say you got 2 routers out of it! :wink:

Ooops, sorry. :oops:

Roll up, roll up, ladies and gennelmen. Get 'chor luvverly dovetail jig 'ere. Only one careful owner... Cor blimey, swipe me, and other barrow boy-type expressions. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

OK Neil

I've thought about it for a while and still have no idea! What does SWMBO stand for?????

Cheers

Tony

Tony,

She Who Must Be Obeyed. Courtesy of Rider Haggard's "She" I believe, although popularised by Rumpole of the Bailey.

If you're having trouble with that one, you'll want to bookmark this page. DAMHIKT :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back