Double sided tape

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yetloh

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to buy d/s tape from B&Q. It had a yellow backing and white plastic adhesive base. It held firmly but you could still peel it off relatively easily once it had served its purpose eg pattern routing. Can't find anything as good now. Any suggestions anyone?

Jim

Hello Jim, for pattern routing I use the strongest stuff I can find that still peels off reasonably easily, which is Tesa double sided tape. Otherwise I use the Trend stuff which is a lot cheaper.

If you're around my area let me know, I got a bulk order of the Tesa tape so you're welcome to a roll.

I've found the stuff they sell at Poundland to be not too bad. you get 3 rolls about 15m long in a pack. Ive used it for making packets and for sticking down emery paper onto my glass sharpening plate

Thank you both for responding. Custard, I may well take you up on that when we have got over the ghastly bugs we seem to have picked up at Cressing. Good show though and nice to catch up with some old friends.

Jim

Sporky McGuffin":24urycxn said:
I've been using Intertape 591, but it's a pipper to find in the UK and buying £650 worth at a time seems over the top.

Hi Sporky,

What do you like about this tape over other brands?

James

I've not used that many; basically you don't need much and it peels off everything (that I've tried) cleanly and without leaving any residue. I think it's a crepe paper carrier in the middle. It's also a very consistent thickness which doesn't seem to change with the pressure you use to apply it - this is quite important when using it with the CNC machine.

Back