Double sided tape, what to buy ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Jones

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Can anyone recommend a brand of double sided tape ?

What I want to use it for is to stick small MDF templates onto other pieces of MDF for routing around with a bearing guided cutter. I don't want a sticky residue left behind as the finished products are to be painted.

Been looking on ebay and never knew there were so many different varieties :shock:

Cheers

Steve :)

In the past I've bought some from Axminster which has worked well without residue problems. Cheaper than that is some from Lidl - it seems to be available every few months.

Misterfish

I find that the 3M stuff sticks like S**t to a blanket and releases cleanly (most of the time). I used it a lot for guitar router templates and rarely had trouble with movement or sticky residue.

It was 3M brand that I bought from Lidl's some months back, should be due again soon I would have thought...bosshogg

I've always had good results with the sellotape brand, they do rolls which are about 25mm wide, buy them from stationery stores rather than WH Smiths types of places.

Back