Dorset/Hampshire members

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of relocating down from Surrey to Dorset around the Highcliffe area. Just wondering if we have any members down there that can give advice or help in anyway. I do know a few people in the area so have a few contacts. Hopefully work as a carpenter should be ok down there as there seems to be quite a bit of building going on. The schools look good and we've made appointments to see them next month.

Chris

Hey my workshop is just down the road from Highcliffe in New Milton, I am currently upgrading to a much larger workshop and will be looking to hire some more people soon to so let me know if you end up moving as we may be able to help each other.

hansonread":20nb3j0d said:
Hey my workshop is just down the road from Highcliffe in New Milton, I am currently upgrading to a much larger workshop and will be looking to hire some more people soon to so let me know if you end up moving as we may be able to help each other.
Hi do you need fitters or are you looking for bench joiners ?

adidat":27urr7a7 said:
didnt you just finishing pimping your house?

adidat
Me ? No well not really I finished refurbing it years ago. We were going to extend but not now :)

A fitter come bench joiner. A lot of the stuff we make requires quite a bit of on site assembly work, and other stuff we make just needs installing. So all sorts really. Looking to train some people up in factory applied and on site applied spray finishes to.

We are even just about to offer shares in the company for sale so you could even buy in if you liked and become a shareholder!

Depends what you are after really!

hansonread":pbefca73 said:
Okay,

My contact details are as follows, 01425627769 or 07527537876

Hope it goes well!
Cheers

It will be before October hopefully summer time .

I have to say that judging by the news recently it's been a bit warmer down here than most places in the UK. On the first day of the cold snap we didn't even have any frost down here. Worst it's got is about minus 2 I think and no rain or snow!

Good luck with the move, if you go for it. We moved to Purbeck from Berkshire a few years ago, certainly wouldn't go back.Having said that we've not found many people in the building trade that we would recommend, We were on good terms with a builder from Reading area before we moved and we managed to persuade him to come down a few times when we've had major works done, I think he'd have moved here too if it wasn't for family commitments. One thing that may give you an advantage is to respond quickly to enquiries, seems to be a lot of people in this part of the world who don't return calls or take a long time to do so.

Back