• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dormer Metal Drill Bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitch pine

Established Member
Reaction score
Seven imperial sized metal cutting drill bits with tapered shanks. Three are marked "Dormer" but the others are of a similar quality. I won't use them but can't bear to chuck them out. Can anyone use these? Free if you cover postage. Send a PM.

20201025_103340.jpg

Those are interesting! I wonder if they were supposed to be used in conjunction with something like a boilermakers ratchet drill rather than a woodworkers brace.

Those are interesting! I wonder if they were supposed to be used in conjunction with something like a boilermakers ratchet drill rather than a woodworkers brace.
I've found them a couple of times in lots of tooling, never seen what they fit though!

I
I think that's right. I've already got a few, so I will leave this for someone else. Nice gesture from PP.

Thanks for that Trevanion. Another unusual feature of these bits was a pair of letters stamped on them. I can't remember what as I have posted them already. I haven't seen drill bits marked with the owners initials before and wondered if it meant something else about the bits, Another point of note is I absolutely can't remember where these came from. I think someone just left them in my shed one day....

Latest posts

Back