Doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gav

Established Member
Reaction score
Having just started out in woodworking as a hobby my first job was to create a space for doing this. So I recently built a garage for the task.

Rather than fit a conventional up and over door I thought it would be more appropriate to make some wooden doors and it would be a good early project to try.

Here are some pics of my efforts, I hope they post ok only I've not posted images before and I couldn't find the advise topic.

The timber waiting to be worked on (hammer)

start.jpg

The inside view

inside.jpg

The outside view

outside.jpg

Chris,

I'm still only on conventional film so I scanned these in on the works scanner to be able to post them. I could probably scan them again at a higher resolution when next at work.

Gav

Very 'swish' Gav.......Nice first project.....I see you've sneeked in a gloat with the Scheppach tablesaw too.... :lol:

Simon

Very nice Gav,

I always liked those wooden doors better then that cheap metal/polyester ones

They also have a better isolation value and look much better.

McLuma

Very nice - I'm planning on building some for my garage this summer. Your photos have given me a further incentive to get on to it.

Well done - as the others said - some bigger photos woudl be good if poss.

Cheers

Tim

Some bigger pictures.

I see you've sneeked in a gloat with the Scheppach tablesaw too....
Been watching the gloat format for a while before joining the forum so it slipped in.

startxl.jpg

insidexl.jpg

outsidexl.jpg

Gav

[/quote]

Gav,
Thanks for the pix - great doors! You would have fitted in with the correct gloat format in the halcyon days of yore but a certain Philly kind of changed the rules.. :shock:

(The watchword now is IYGIFI == "If you've got it, flaunt it!"

Gav
Nice work on the doors-and congrats on "getting" the gloatage action just right! :wink:
Chris
It was your 'shave collection that put me over the edge :lol: :^o
Cheers
Philly :D

Hey Gav, Nice doors and finish.

On the first picture, it looks like you are building the cabinet "à la Norm" :norm: isn't it?

Yes the cabinets are "a la Norm" from the garage workshop episode. I have to confess to being a bit of a Norm fan and it was watching him that encouraged me to take up woodworking, something I'd wanted to do for some years.

Gav

Latest posts

Back