Doorframes on top of laminated flooring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cone

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this ok to install the doorframes on top of laminate flooring. I had a slight issue with lintel height in my opes for my doors (see previous thread) and need to build it up some. I also have 2100mm high pre cut frames and if I install the frames on the screed, then flooring I can lose 18mm which I badly need for the height.

If I install all the flooring first throughout my extension, through all the opes and the frames on top, will I have any issues with expansion if install like this.

Unless your floor expands upwards which is unlikely unless you forget to leave adequate expansion space all round the room, then you should be fine , maybe leave a mil clearance so you can remove the flooring easily later if you change it a few years from now:)

What mark said, but you need to pay special attention to the door opening floor levels pre laminate. It'll make everything else easier and quicker if you nail the levels

It is the normal way of doing it in my experience. When you install laminate in an existing property I normally cut the bottom of the frame so it sits on top. The frame is supported by the fixings and it allows to flooring to move. Little mastic joint at the bottom of the frame and it will look smart.

Latest posts

Back