Door Entry Set bit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris,
I realise that the Freud set will not be available yet, but there must be other companies that supply a similar bit. Is there an existing bit that will do the same job? I know that there are profile scribing bits but these are for cabinet doors. I would like to make my own internal doors and would be grateful for any advice on this.

Thanks
Barry

Have a look at Wealden Tool Company's website and this cutter. They may be able to help you - give them a ring on 01892 835122 or 0800 328 4183 to order.

I've no connection with the company, other than as a very satisfied customer. Their staff are very good at tech questions/giving advice.

Ray.

Ray - That cutter is only for 3/4" stock.

The Freud one that Barry highlights will do up to 1" 3/4. I rang Freud UK who knew nothing about it but promised to get back to me with info. I'll let you know what they say.

Cheers

Tim

Tim, thanks for looking into that. I will forward to hearing what they say. I assume that manufacturers of doors use something else to profile the stiles and rails. The Freud bit does look useful albeit expensive.

Thanks for your link as well Ray.

Barry

Hope they make it soon !!! Welcome to the forum :D And do you know about the Legacy ? :lol:

Back