Don'tcha just hate it when...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger

Established Member
Reaction score
You pop down your workshed for a simple 5 minute job, and 30 minutes later you've totally chimped it up and produced a nice bit of firewood?

PS - Trend shelf support jigs are not symmetrical. DAMHIKT now.

oh yeah - before xmas two jewelry boxes, 8 mitre joints in total - and when it came to glue up ............ only one joint actually added up to 90 deg

one went through the bandsaw tother was rescued sufficiently for swimbo use

then i went on to turn the mk2 versions and went through the base on the last pass - more firewood ](*,)

With having visitors I have only managed to sneak out for short periods and have been trying to do a bit more on my clock - cutting pinions using a special cutter and special pinion steel (pretty hard stuff).
I had prepared the rod to diameter, centre drilled and shaped it for the cutting process. Progress is necessarily slow and I spent about 4 days on it (only odd hours though) when I began to think something was not looking right. Checked the drawings - I was cutting for 8 leaves (8 cuts) when it should have been 12!!
Too hard to go through the bandsaw Rob!!

clockpinion1.jpg

clockpinion2.jpg

Rod :cry:

Latest posts

Back