Don't want to be a plumber any more

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dm65

Established Member
Reaction score
Well and truly hacked off

I've spent pretty much all afternoon with a blocked toilet :twisted: - as in, well and truly blocked !!

Here's how it went, step 1 - toilet - "ooh look, it's blocked" says I

Step 2 - grab a bucket and try the old favourite - no dice

Step 3 - long springy, twizzly thing which in hindsight just compacted the block

Step 4 - local diy shed for CHEMS :) - only half useful, after using the full bottle over 3 goes and the lst, I get it so it I can once again get a bucket of water to mostly drain

Step 5 - lots of buckets to clean the chems away etc

Step 6 - out with the wet and dry - this worked a treat (old t-shirt required to make a seal) - woohoooo =D> =D> etc

Emptied the vac, loads of little bits a plaster/grout/cement and wood splinters !! :twisted:

Hope your afternoon has been better than mine

PS - just found this - http://www.wikihow.com/Unclog-a-Toilet, method 6 worked for me

PPS - can someone ask the plumbers to stop laughing please, it's not funny

Glad it worked out in the end but suggest stop eating plaster/grout/cement and wood splinters! Prunes are a better :roll:

Regards Keith

graduate_owner":24lcljhc said:
Well I can think of worse things to have to pull out of a blocked toilet pan!!
I didn't want to get that descriptive but all the unmentionables had been removed BEFORE I got my vac out, trust me !

Oh and please don't mention the smell :shock:

I've got a plumber here at the moment.
He's told me the tale of when he was an apprenctice, they installed a wetroom with a suspended floor. After a few months the customer rang up complaining about a foul and permanent smell.
It turns out the the soil pipe elbow, connected to the pan, had broken underneath the surface of the floor. So for months, sewage had been seeping into the sealed space under the wetroom floor. They had to dig it all out.
That must have been a nice job.
S

Hello dm
I am a hard working Joiner and we always say that the main thing a plumber needs to no is:- S H one T flows down hill and pay day is Thursday LOL. All the best and have more fun this week.

When on maintenance i always carried a mop in the van. Water in the bowl, a good few plunges with the mop always cleared any blockage within a minute. :)

I had a similar experience to Steves plumber once......involving a saniflow toilet.......pump failed and there was around 5 foot of 4 inch waste pipe filled up with number 2's............the pipe ran in a void and we had disconnect the end and gradually decant it into rubble sacks while lying down and reaching into the void......we went and brought some rainsuits and rubber gloves, taped up the sleeves to the gloves with gaffer and put masks on....but it still pretty gross..........

sorry if I put anyone of their dinner......

i had one last week, a tenant had been flushing the extra large wet wipes down her loo for about 2 months, it was clogged solid into the mains sewage line, 2x manholes level with the patio with the brown stuff, after 1 hour & a 1/2 of rodding with 10 meters of rodds pushing said blockage with plunger and screw i got fed up when i had a considerable splash back and then went home, told the letting agent to contact south west water as the blockage was in their line and they came out the next day and unblocked it for free :roll:

Latest posts

Back